Please join us for the Land Bank’s
2nd Annual Cross-Island Hike!
Saturday, October 2, 2021 starting at 8:00 A.M.
(rain date 10/3/21)
Join us to experience the Coast to Coast Trail!
Beginning by the bluff at the end of Hoick’s Hollow Road in Sconset, we will be hiking across the island to Settler’s Landing at Madaket Harbor.
This trail is a collaboration between the Land Bank, Nantucket Conservation Foundation, Mass Audubon, Town of Nantucket and Department of Conservation and Recreation.
|Segment||Segment Distance (mi)||Total Distance (mi)||Checkpoint Address|
|A||5.1||5.1||Hoicks Hollow Road|
|C||3.5||12.4||50 Old South Road|
|D||3.4||15.8||28 W. Miacomet Road|
|E||2.7||18.5||181 Hummock Pond Road|
|F||3.3||21.8||118 Madaket Road|
|G||2.9||24.7||Massasoit Bridge Road|
|End||29 North Cambridge Street|
Things to Know
- There will be Land Bank staff members hiking and along the route. Since not all hikers walk at the same pace, please note the Coast to Coast Trail markers for changes in direction.
- Please respect your physical capabilities when planning which segment(s) you choose to hike, noting the distance between checkpoints. We will be setting a brisk pace for this seven to nine hour hike, so if you choose to hike the whole way, prepare for a long day.
- Please wear appropriate shoes, bring sun- screen (or rain gear), insect repellent, lunch and a refillable water bottle. There will be water available at all checkpoints and fruit and snacks. There will be port-a-potties at Sheeps Common parking, 61 Millbrook Rd and at end of the hike at Settlers Landing.
- The hike will be on trails, dirt roads, bike paths and paved roads. Please use caution on roadways and bike paths. As always, watch out for poison ivy and check for ticks.
- Transportation is not provided, so plan accordingly. Parking is limited so please arrange to car pool when possible. Please make arrangements to get back to your car from the end of your planned hike (e.g. Uber, taxi, start early and travel with a friend and leave a car at the end, etc).
- See table above for checkpoint locations.
Please enjoy the video from our first hike in 2019!
Click here to see maps and information on the 2019 Cross-Island Hike.