Please join us for the Land Bank’s
3rd Annual Cross-Island Hike!
Saturday, September 24, 2022 starting at 8:00 A.M.
(rain date 9/25/22)
Beginning at the beach in Tom Nevers, we will be hiking across the island to Settler’s Landing at Madaket Harbor.
This route crosses Land Bank, Nantucket Conservation Foundation, Town of Nantucket and Department of Conservation and Recreation properties.
Things to Know
- There will be Land Bank staff members hiking and along the route. Since not all hikers walk at the same pace, please note the Cross-Island Hike markers for changes in direction.
- Please respect your physical capabilities when planning which segment(s) you choose to hike, noting the distance between checkpoints. We will be setting a brisk pace for this four to eight hour hike, so if you choose to hike the whole way, prepare for a long day.
- Please wear appropriate shoes, bring sun- screen (or rain gear), insect repellent, lunch and a refillable water bottle. There will be water available at all checkpoints and fruit and snacks. There will be a few port-a-potties along the way.
- The hike will be on trails, dirt roads, bike paths, beaches and paved roads. Please use caution on roadways and bike paths. As always, watch out for poison ivy and check for ticks.
- Transportation is not provided, so plan accordingly. Parking is limited so please arrange to car pool when possible. Please make arrangements to get back to your car from the end of your planned hike (e.g. Uber, taxi, start early and travel with a friend and leave a car at the end, etc).
- Please stop by the office for a map or download individual segment maps here (PDF).
Please enjoy the video from our first hike in 2019!
Click here to see maps and information on the 2019 Cross-Island Hike.