Please join us for the Land Bank’s
1st Annual Cross-Island Hike!
Starts at the beach at the end of Hoick’s Hollow Road in Sconset
Ends at Settler’s Landing in Madaket
Sunday, October 6, 2019 starting at 8:00 A.M.
|Segment||Segment Distance (mi)||Total Distance (mi)||Time of Day||Parking Location|
|A||2.95||2.95||8:00 – 9:15 AM||Hoicks Hollow Rd.|
|B||1.75||4.7||9:20 – 10:05 AM||35 Almanac Pond Rd.|
|C||2.56||7.26||10:10 – 11:15 AM||Altar Rock & Pout Pond Rd.|
|D||0.86||8.12||11:25 – 11:45 AM||40 Milestone Rd.|
|Lunch||n/a||n/a||11:45 AM – 12:15 PM||50 Old South Rd.|
|E||3.48||11.6||12:20 AM – 1:45PM||50 Old South Rd.|
|F||3.08||14.68||1:50 – 3:05PM||28 W Miacomet Rd.|
|G||1.5||16.18||3:15 – 3:55 PM||60 Millbrook Rd.|
|H||0.98||17.16||4:00 – 4:25 PM||Madaket & Barrett Farm Rd.|
|I||2.56||19.72||4:30 – 5:35 PM||Clark Cove Rd.|
|J||~~||~~||~~||29 N Cambridge St.|
Things to Know
- Well behaved dogs on leashes are welcome.
- There will be a Land Bank staff member in the lead and bringing up the rear. Since not all hikers walk at the same pace, please note the white tape that marks changes in direction.
- Please respect your physical capabilities when planning which segment(s) you choose to hike, using the descriptions, distances and times provided. We will be setting a brisk pace for this nine hour hike, so if you choose to hike the whole way, prepare for a long day.
- Please wear appropriate shoes, bring sun- screen (or rain gear), insect repellent, lunch and a refillable water bottle. There will be water available at all checkpoints and fruit and snacks. There will be a lunch break at Hinsdale Park where there is a port-a-potty.
- The hike will be on trails, dirt roads, bike paths and paved roads. Please use caution on roadways and bike paths. As always, watch out for poison ivy and check for ticks.
- Transportation is not provided, so plan accordingly. Parking is limited so please arrange to car pool when possible. Please make arrangements to get back to your car from the end of your planned hike (e.g. Uber, taxi, start early and travel with a friend and leave a car at the end, etc).
- See timetable above for start/end times and checkpoint locations.
- Click on map segments below for trail description and directions to checkpoints.