Land Bank properties offer a wide range of recreational activities that would not otherwise be available to the public, including:
- Over 20 miles of trails for walking, biking and horseback riding on properties which exhibit a diversity of terrain, from the hilly glacial moraines of Norwood Farm to the flat outwash plains of Smooth Hummocks.
- Nantucket’s only two public golf courses – the 18-hole Miacomet Golf Course and the historic Old Siasconset 9-hole course. Miacomet offers breathtaking views of sandplain grassland and the Atlantic ocean, while Old ‘Sconset is a step back in time, providing panoramic vistas of the island’s pastoral east end.
- Access to numerous beaches (40th Pole, Cisco, Ladies, Water Tower) and ponds (Long, Hummock, Miacomet) for water-related activities like swimming, surfing, fishing and boating.
- Additional facilities like the Nobadeer playing fields, paddle tennis courts, Hinsdale Park labyrinth, as well as the Fair Street park and renovated Codfish Park playground in ‘Sconset.
- Vast open spaces ideal for nature observation and hunting.
Conservation, recreation, and agriculture for the benefit of the public in perpetuity.